“Equipping men and women to walk in their calling and gifts to accomplish the Great Commission and raise up leaders for the future church.”
Why a School of Ministry?
When it comes to the School of Ministry, our goal is simple.
We want to:
Identify (Help men and women identify their calling and gifts.)
Equip (Train men and women in the areas of theology, biblical understanding and leadership.)
Send (Send them out into “their” world (their community, job, schools) or send them out into ministry.
In Luke 10, Jesus tells us, "the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." (Luke 10:1-2) As a church, we are asking God and praying earnestly that He will use Crosspoint, through the School of Ministry to identify, equip, and send out laborers for the Gospel.
We believe that in Crosspoint and our community, there are:
- 18-25 year olds who have a call into full-time ministry but don't have clear next steps.
- 30-40 year olds who have 2.5 kids and a mortgage but are being called to a deeper level of ministry, but have no way to investigate what has been going on in their hearts because of current financial obligations.
- 50-70 year olds who find themselves with more time than they have had in a while and are being called by God into a new season in the 4th quarter of life.
- People who work in the everyday market place who want to share Jesus but aren't sure how.
If any of the above sounds like you, we want to invite you to enroll in the School of Ministry.
How Can I Participate?
Join us this Fall for one, or all three, of our classes. Classes will be Mondays from 6:30-9:30 pm and they begin September 9th and run weekly through November 11th. Each class is $50 per class or $100 for all three classes. The cost of the class includes the cost of all textbooks. Childcare will not be provided.
The Fall schedule is as follow:
- 6:30 pm - Theology Proper led by Pastor Mark Ostot
- 7:30 pm - Bible Class led by Stephanie Norton, M. Ed., LPC, NCC
- 8:30 pm - Leadership led by Mike Paulk (retired Marine Lt. Col) and Suzy Jordan