“Equipping men and women to accomplish the Great Commission.”
When it comes to the School of Ministry, our goal is simple.
We want to:
- Identify - Help men and women identify their calling and gifts.
- Equip - Train men and women in the areas of theology, biblical understanding and leadership.
- Send - Send them out into “their” world to fulfill the Great Commission.
In Luke 10, Jesus tells us, "the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." (Luke 10:1-2) As a church, we are asking God and praying earnestly that He will use Crosspoint, through the School of Ministry to identify, equip, and send out laborers for the Gospel.
We believe that in Crosspoint and our community, there are:
- 18-25 year olds who have a call into full-time ministry but don't have clear next steps.
- 30-40 year olds who have 2.5 kids and a mortgage but are being called to a deeper level of ministry, but have no way to investigate what has been going on in their hearts because of current financial obligations.
- 50-70 year olds who find themselves with more time than they have had in a while and are being called by God into a new season in the 4th quarter of life.
- People who work in the everyday market place who want to share Jesus but aren't sure how.
How Can I Participate?
- In-person classes will be held weekly every Monday from 6:30-9:30pm beginning January 24th through March 28th. Each class is $50 per class or $100 for all three classes. The cost of the class includes the cost of all textbooks. Childcare will not be provided. Deadline to apply is January 20th.
Courses being offered:
|Biblical Leadership @ 6:30 pm||Led by Lt. Col. Michael Paulk|
|Identity in Christ @ 6:30 pm||Led by Dara Bevars & Russ Ritchell|
|Theology 102 @ 7:30 pm||Led by Mark Otstot|
|Bible Study Methods @ 7:30 pm||Led by David Staggers|
|Spiritual Formations @ 8:30pm||Led by David Staggers|
|Theology 101 @ 8:30 pm||Led by Mark Otstot|
At the School of Ministry, our prayer is that God would not only teach you more about Him but He would also transform you from the inside out. As usual, we are asking each student to arrive on time, be prepared and be present at ALL ten classes. Some of the best learning comes from conversations had by students in the classroom. You will have reading assignments that will need to be completed at home. Estimated time to complete reading and occasional homework should be around 1-2 hours per week. (It depends a lot on the student and the workload for the week). While this could seem like a daunting endeavor, to give you perspective, the average person spends 1.5 hours on social media per day. We think you can do it!
For more information on classes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org