Group Forms and Policies
Childcare Reimbursement Form
Crosspoint groups exist to help adults know and follow Jesus. Because of the value placed on groups, Crosspoint offers partial reimbursement to help offset the cost of childcare for families, especially those who would otherwise not be able to attend a small group.
• The Childcare Reimbursement Request Form is to be used for small group events only. Unless otherwise approved, other ministries are not entitled to use this reimbursement process.
• Reimbursement amounts are standardized in accordance with the average length of time of one small group meeting (1-2 Hours) and the amount of workers present.
• The reimbursement amount is up to $8 an hour per childcare worker. However, it has been customary for Crosspoint to pay childcare workers $10 an hour in the past.
• Reimbursement is meant to supplement childcare expenses and should not cover the full amount. Crosspoint intends for this to be a generous attempt to help families engage in small groups; we hope that families are equally generous to those who care for their children during this time.
• Reimbursement is only intended to cover “normal” small group meetings during each 10-week Community Group semester (Winter, Summer, & Fall). Discipleship Groups may only be reimbursed for one childcare worker per week up to 12 months.
• Only one event per week may be reimbursed. For example, if a small group has Bible study on Wednesday and a dinner party on Friday, they may only request reimbursement for one of those events.
• In order to reimburse those participating in a small group as quickly and efficiently as possible, we ask that one request be submitted that covers all meetings held during a calendar month.
• The deadline for all submissions is the 15th of the following month. There are no exceptions for late submissions.
Why is Crosspoint moving to this Childcare policy?
As our church is continuing to grow, we are having to put more policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety of others in our church. With more small groups needing childcare, it is becoming very difficult to oversee and manage childcare effectively for small groups. With that said, we are moving to this new policy so that each group will be responsible for managing the childcare for their group members, while still offering financial support if needed.
What if I am having trouble finding childcare?
While we want to help childcare not become an obstacle for our small groups, we cannot help you find childcare workers for liability concerns. If we suggest a list of childcare workers for you, that makes us liable if an incident were to occur. However, if you have run out of options, please contact us and we can try to help your group think creatively.
How do I get paid for my reimbursement? When will I be reimbursed?
We will mail you a check for the total amount for the previous month's reimbursement on the 15th of the following month. Example: You will be reimbursed for March around April 15th.
How can I best explain these changes to my group?
We understand that these changes are new and may be uncomfortable for some group members. However, this is for the protection of our church and the safety of the children in your group. We ask that you spend some time before your group meeting to explain these new policies to your group, allowing time for questions or concerns. The best way to explain these changes to your group is to help them understand why they are happening. We are moving to this new childcare policy for the safety of their children, because our staff cannot effectively manage childcare for all of our groups. Instead, we believe childcare will be more effective and safe if each group is responsible.
Church Facility Usage and Liability Agreement
In order to accommodate groups that do not have an appropriate space to meet, we allow groups to use our facilities during the week. However, because a staff member is not always on site, we require that everyone in the group sign our Church Facility Usage and Liability Agreement. This form agrees to accept responsibility for any claims, injuries, or incidents that may occur while using our facilities. In order to protect the church and our leaders, we ask that everyone in the group sign the form BEFORE using the facility. Please read the entire document with your group before you sign, so that everyone is clear about our policies for using our facilities.
Why do we have to sign a waiver to use the building? We don't have to do it on Sundays.
In the past, small groups have not had to sign a waiver for using the building because there has always been a staff presence onsite. However, with small groups meeting in the Annex building, there is not a staff member present. This is intentional on our part, so that the group will be responsible for their own childcare and use of the facilities. However, this means that we will need everyone in the group to sign our liability waiver in case an incident or accident occurs. This waiver will protect our staff, pastors, elders, and group leaders from being responsible for any damages, accidents, or incidents that may occur when your group meets.
What if I have a new member attend our group for the first time? Do they have to sign the waiver to attend?
We are asking that everyone who attends your group sign this waiver, even if it is their first time attending. Again, this is to protect both the leader and the church staff in case something were to happen.
What do I do with the signed waivers?
You can leave them in the room your group meets in, bring them by the church during the week, or turn them in to the Next Steps table on Sunday.
How can I best explain these changes to my group?
We understand that these changes are new and may be uncomfortable for some group members. However, this is for the protection of our church and the safety of the children in your group. We ask that you spend some time before your group meeting to explain these new policies to your group, allowing time for questions or concerns. The best way to explain these changes to your group is to help them understand why they are happening. We are moving to this new facilities policy for the protection of our church because no staff member is present while your group is using the facility. Just like any building that is not your home, there are policies in place for using it when the owners are away. In the same way, this waiver is just to protect our church in case something were to happen while your group is using our facility.
If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact us at .